The Church Of "St. Mary"

Detailed Description The Church Of "St. Mary"

“Din mila lui Dumnezeu, noi Ştefan Voievod al Ţării Moldovei, facem cunoscut cu această carte a noastră tuturor celor ce o vor vedea sau o vor auzi citindu-se, că acest adevărat credincios ai nostru pan Mihail logofăt ne-a slujit drept şi credincios. Deci noi văzând dreapta şi credincioasa lui slujbă către noi, l-am miluit cu deosebita noastră milă şi i-am dat în ţara noastră un sat din satele noastre, anume Vânătorii noştri pe Bistriţa, care sunt mai jos de Piatra lui Crăciun…”

This duty in a document issued by the Chancellery of Stephen II, son of Alexandru cel Bun, 25 January 1446, constitutes the first official mention in relation to the existence of the village hunters, today the Eastern District in the municipality of Piatra Neamţ, situated on the left bank of the Decapolis. From the same source we learn that the village was older than the specified date, and that was part of the princely estates, being later incorporated into forest fair stone. After this date, the name of the village has appeared in numerous other documents, especially because sometimes the monastery across the Valley from Valeni is commemorated as the "monastery of the hunters", creating confusion and perplexities ' race justified.

Probably the village of Hunters had to take its own church, but beginnings that today is more recent, as indicated by an inscription in Romanian language with Cyrillic letters preserved on the southern side of the timber frames! yechii entries: "this Holy Church was made by straining and at his own expense, Abbot of Hani Bisericani, 1776-/s-Hs-Nika."
 
Church of the assumption "of Hunters of the stone is built of pine planks on the stone Foundation, specific style, cruciform plan, with side apses and the altar being slightly elevated. South porch and the narthex to the West what prolongs the ship of the Church, as are subsequent additions and a steeple with blind covers bulbat, giving yet more suppleness and amplitude of the entire edifice. Wood a bark roof in two waters, with flared edges, rounded at the altar apse and above the western extremity. All the exterior apses a pentagonal wrapper from planks, the spaces between the side of the altar apse and sânurile closure is at right angles.
 
Inside, the porch and the Pronaos depicts a plan covering, but the nave is vaulted by a longitudinal semicilindrică elegant, that takes place up to the walls. The lateral apses are covered in the arc and the altar is dominated by a cross Vault, toward which converge to a segment of the orb webs.
The current Temple is of recent date and retain attention through color and expressive vivacity of icons through which compose it. Instead, the original iconostasis, performed with the Church in the 18th century and which is kept in the monastery Museum Glinsky, is a piece of great artistic value and special beauty. Worked in Linden wood and oak, the old KGB from Hunting strictly complies with the Stone arrangement and spatial hierarchical specifies Orthodox Christian iconography, but what one may only wonder at first sight in these paintings is to merge different stylistic elements but not very eclectic, which resulted in a set of definite originality. Psychology of biblical characters exude a certain hieratism, colors used is that inner glow, while the Renaissance specific frequency of secondary local inspiration plans send insistently to the frescoes from Voronet and Sucevita.
 
The heritage of the Church has been preserved-among others-two outstanding icons from the 18th century (lisus, and Saint Mary), painted in the same spirit as the old iconostasis and a cross dressed in silver with splendid wood inlay, donated by loanichie from Rădăuţi to 1782.
 

Area attractions from Piatra Neamt

Church Dărmănești

In Dărmăneşti district , on a plateau that stretches far into the road Targu Neamt Piatra Neamt , attract attention with its massive profile Church " Annunciation "

More

Ethnographic museum Piatra Neamt

Museum of Ethnography was founded in 1980 and holds collections of costumes, tools and hand-crafted, traditional peasant, all featuring aspects of farming l

More

Cozla Park Zoo Park-Three Buckets

More

Church Of St John The Baptist

In the historical center of the city lies the princely Church of St. John the Baptist, which was built in 1497-1498, as result from the inscription at the entrance:

More

Touristic route: Piatra Neamt-Bicaz-Baek

Arrived in Neamt you can discover some of the history and culture of this county by visiting the sights that are true testimonials of riches and beautys of this land. More

Fox Hill-Botoaia (eye steppe)

Fox Hill-Botoaia (also known as the steppe of the eye) is a protected area of national interest that corresponds to the category IV IUCN (a natural flo

More

Dacian fortress Petrodava

The oldest historical monument is the city of Piatra Neamt mount Batca Doamnei in Romania situated in the South-western part of the town on the crest of

More

Batca Doamnei tourist route on: Dacian fortress "Petrodava"

The tourist trail on Mount Batca Doamnei takes its starting point from the Batca Cottage. The path climbs slowly up to the Dacian

More

Baal Shem Tov Synagogue

Wooden synagogue "Baal Shem Tov" in Piatra Neamt stand testimony to the large Jewish community that existed in this town since the middle ages. More

The Church Of "St. Mary"

“Din mila lui Dumnezeu, noi Ştefan Voievod al Ţării Moldovei, facem cunoscut cu această carte a noastră tuturor celor ce o vor vedea sau o vor auzi citin

More