Church Of St John The Baptist

Detailed Description Church Of St John The Baptist

In the historical center of the city lies the princely Church of St. John the Baptist, which was built in 1497-1498, as result from the inscription at the entrance:

“Binecinstitorul si de Hristos iubitorul Io Stefan voievod, a inceput si a zidit si a savarsit acest hram in numele Nasterii cinstitului si slavitului prooroc Ioan Botezatorul si Inaintemergatorul, intru ruga siesi si doamnei sale Maria si prea iubitului lor fiu Bogdan voievod, care a inceput a se zidi in anul 7005 (1497) iulie 15 si s-a savarsit in anul 7006 (1498) iar al domniei sale al 40 si doilea curgator, luna noiembrie, 11 zile.”

Of churches of Stefan the great Church in Piatra Neamt is distinguished by a special inner structure through the characteristic form and exquisite style of the Moldavian construction system of that era. Touch of originality to this building is the date the entry is made through a portal stone Gothic on invoice is a sculptural decoration, a less usual case for Prince ctitoriile. Built after a triconch plan with entrance West, House of worship is built of stone and brick and has a roof type with wooden roof covers.

The exterior is distinguished by decorative plastic facades made of perhaps the best-known blind and ocnite of stone and brick appearance, with enamelled ceramic discs and shaped stone in the Gothic style. The Interior of the Church has undergone several periods of restructuring which is why it's hard to be specified if it was done a mural is also called during life. Although the Interior was originally divided after classic system in the narthex, nave and altar, the need for a larger space has led to its modification through an opening in the wall, finished with a strong transverse arch.
 
Treasure this monument consists of an Tetraevangheliar written in 1502 to Putna from command of Stefan cel Mare, a Diptych wrote in 1792 that year mentions events from this existence founders and numerous icons, silverware and religious books dating back to the 18th-19TH CENTURIES.


Location: P-ta Stefan cel Mare nr. 1, loc. Piatra Neamt, jud.Neamt
 

Area attractions from Piatra Neamt

Museum of Samalkha Art

Art Museum in Piatra Neamt was founded in 1980 and works in the building built in 1930 by the Italians and Vincenzo Puschiasis Carol Egill. More

Tourist route on Cernegura: Hard Enduro

The tourist trail on Mount Cernegura departing from the dock area and passing the Mrs. Biodun besides Poiana Ciresului. Fr

More

Tourist route on Pai: an unforgettable panorama

The tourist route from Tracy's point of departure the Farm Street and climbs on your way up the ridge on the mountain plateau.More

Church Of St John The Baptist

In the historical center of the city lies the princely Church of St. John the Baptist, which was built in 1497-1498, as result from the inscription at the entrance:

More

Hiking Trail in Piatra Neamt: Mrs. John Hill

Located about 4 km from downtown Piatra Neamt, Dacian Fortress ruins on the place where Ms. Ku that represents a point of rare beauty on the city

More

Bâtca Doamnei Lake

Batca Doamnei Lake was formed in 1962 by crossing out of Hungary and dyke on the left side of a perimeter from the riverbed. Po

More

Bistrița River

The Bistrița River is a river in Romania that rises in Rodnei mountains at 1850 m altitude from a min

More

Youth Theatre

Les pièces de théâtre jouées à leurs débuts Piatra Neamt ont en 1851 quand il encore une visite de Elmo Millo

More

The Princely Court

Beautiful edifice of Stefan cel Mare is still preserved today in the city of Piatra Neamt being known as the historical center of the city. More

Museum of history and archaeology in Piatra Neamt

Founded in 1934 by the priest Constantin Macnulty, the Museum of history and archaeology in Piatra Neamt presents the evolution of human communities from Ne

More